This Too Shall Pass


One of my great-nieces, Tori, just started a 3 year nursing school program with LSU in New Orleans ... that's after already doing 4 years at LSU in Baton Rouge. I don't know, but I think life just got much harder than she ever imagined. The only reason I can guess this is that all of her facebook entries are about wishing she had wanted to be a pre-school teacher, or about studying and tests and wanting it to be Friday!

Tori is my inspiration today. A girl looking at the calendar longing for the future to get here QUICK!

I got a new die this week (4 actually). A 6x6 album with tabs. LOVE IT!!! So, I decided to use it for my "Counting the Days" stamp.

I am such a LAZY stamper! ... I don't ... hardly ever anyway. Everything about the photo album was either printed from Corel or pre-printed design paper.... glued!


You really can't see the 3-D of it from this photo. (Sorry, taking pictures is something else I need to learn!) The girl is actually looking throught a scolloped window and an acetate page. The calendar is on a third page...the one with stripes. The torn calendar pages are popped off the front and there's a ribbon flower on her hat. Here's another, maybe it will help a little:


The cover without anything behind it:

.
And the 3rd page:


Thanks for the inspiration Tori! Not to worry, this too shall pass! (all too fast!) Love you!
.

1 Response to "This Too Shall Pass"

  1. Christy Croll (tiddly inks) says:
    March 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM

    Oh, so clever....and a lot of work. :) Lucky girl, Tori....Sometimes I think I would give anything to go back and do those years over and then I think, NAH!!! LOL I have ever earned and enjoyed getting every grey hair. :)

Post a Comment